Feast in The Field
The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe is collaborating with SMARTS Farm by Humane Smarts and Jack Ford of Taj Farms to present Feast in the Field, an outdoor education & dining series held in The Inn’s orange grove. Each event includes an interactive or educational class, followed by a family-style meal created by The Inn’s Executive Chef Chris Haas.
15% of proceeds benefit SMARTS Farm, which offers programs for children to learn about nature, farming and sustainable life skills.
November 17: Brunch on The Farm
The Inn’s Executive Chef Chris Haas will lead a discussion on the bounty of San Diego county, discuss his relationships with area farmers and how he incorporates locality into his menus.
by Executive Chef Chris Haas
- Mini Blini with avocado and smoked salmon made fresh to order
- Artisan Cheese and Meat Board with local honey, roasted nuts, sliced bread and crackers
- Farmers Truck Fruit Board, local fruits fresh off the local farm truck, hand picked by Chef Haas
- Fresh Baked Croissants with seasonal preserve
- Cast-Iron Cinnamon Rolls with cinnamon citrus icing
- Local Winter Green Salad with roasted Beets, pumpkin seeds, local goat cheese, apple chipotle vinaigrette and cucumber ranch
- Potato and Celery Root Pancakes with house made caramelized applesauce
- Mini Sourdough Pancakes with house made syrup with local berries
- Local Free Range Egg Benedicts with shaved ham, country toast, smoked tomato Hollandaise
- Thick Cut Bacon and assorted grilled sausage
- Grilled Asparagus and oven roasted tomatoes
Sweet Finish (by Pastry Chef Elisabeth Woesle)
- Lemon and Lavender Loaf Cake, banana chocolate chip bread, flourless chocolate cake
- Bellini Bar
- Hot Buttered Cider
- Coffee and Tea